On ye Seconde Daye of Christmas,
The Nodes are respectively exalted in Gemini (north) and Sagittarius (south). Why?
- Al Biruni nodded briefly off while writing his “Elements of Astrology” and the marks he made when writing up the dignities were later interpreted as the north and south node. There were no proofreaders in the 10th century.
- In the Christmas song they are the two turtles doves that have joined the partridge in the apple tree. Along with the Pars Fortunae, the pars-tridge (‘tridge’ being a corruption of the Eutruskan word for ‘fortune’) they show the interaction between the paths of the Sun and Moon.
- Because all the authorities before 1700 say so.
- The Nodes mark where the Tree of Knowledge grows into the Tree of Life. The North Node must be where Mercury has his domicile (Gemini) as it is here that Knowledge grows into Wisdom. The South Node must be where Jupiter has his domicile, as here the Tree of Life is rooted, where Wisdom grows into Grace. Grace being outside the chart.
- If you combine the symbols of the Nodes and then mill them through an exalted antiscion then the symbols for Gemini and Sagittarius come out on the other end.